May is Healthy Vision Month, which is focused on raising awareness about the importance of protecting our vision health. Taking care of your vision health is important to ensuring your overall health and wellness.
Here are some tips to keeping your eyes healthy:
- Get annual routine eye exams from an eye care professional. It’s the best way to find out if you have vision correction needs or are in the early stages of any eye-related diseases.
- Use protective eyewear to prevent injuries on the job, while playing sports or doing simple chores around the home.
- Wear sunglasses to protect eyes from the sun's ultraviolet rays.
- Know your family’s eye health history because many eye diseases are hereditary.
- Wash your hands before taking out your contacts and cleanse your contact lenses properly to avoid infection.
Share these tips with your family and friends to encourage them to keep their eyes healthy too.
To find a CEC provider near you, visit cecvision.com/search.
Information received through CEC vision care channels is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice, medical recommendations, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your eye doctor, physician, or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
CEC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of VSP Vision.
Sources: American Optometric Association (AOA), American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), The Vision Council (TVC), National Eye Institute (NEI), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Back to All